(CMR) A small fire started in a panel box at the George Town port after lightning struck the location on Tuesday, 22 August.
This resulted in a loss of power to the guard house, but no injuries were reported. The fire was quickly contained.
“The Port Authority would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to the Fire Service for their quick response to this incident. We are working diligently to assess any necessary repairs to the electrical transformer and ensure the facility is fully operational as soon as possible,” Port Authority Director Paul Hurlston said.
A family lost their home on Tuesday due to a fire that reportedly started after lightning struck.