(CMR) Six people, including four adults and two children, are now homeless after lightning struck their home on Quantum Drive, causing a fire at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.
The adults (54, 30, 20, and 28 years old) and the children (7 and 16) lost everything and are now appealing for donations to get back on their feet after this tragedy.
CMR was told that one family member was in the front room on her phone when the lightning struck, causing the phone to be thrown from her hand as a shock went through her arm and body.
While other members of the household were tending to her, another family member from a house close by noticed smoke coming from the rear of the house in the laundry room. The family member reportedly proceeded to bang on the doors as she saw smoke and told them the house was on fire. By the time they all got out, the building was engulfed.
They called emergency services and went to the hospital to be checked out while the Fire Service put out the blaze. Besides pain and smoke inhalation, there were no major injuries. One of the children and an adult were reportedly diagnosed with bronchitis as a result of the smoke inhalation.
Items needed by the family include:
Girl 5T or small uniform for reception (Red Bay)
Shoes-11.5 girl (kids)
Boy 4T clothes
Women’s clothes- small/medium
Women’s clothes medium or large
pull-ups size 4-5 (boy)
towel and washcloths
body wash, shampoo, conditioner
Women’s shoes- size 10-11, 9.5 and 8-8.5