(CMR) Tuesday afternoon Public Health confirmed that a year six student at Prospect Primary School tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. CMR understands the child was sick and showing symptoms that led her to be tested for the virus.
Parents restarted to receive calls in the mid-afternoon that they need to attend the school in order to sign permission slips so that the children could be tested.
The Ministry of Education has since implemented the following measures, on the advice of Public Health officials, to ensure the wellbeing of the entire school population:
- The child’s primary contacts at the school are being quarantined and Public Health has been on-site to conduct testing.
- The primary contacts include the child’s classmates and teachers who have had prolonged interaction with that class.
- The school’s leaders also reached out to the parents/guardians of the child’s classmates for them to attend the school to consent for testing.
- In order to facilitate deep-cleaning activities, the Prospect Primary School will be closed tomorrow, Wednesday 29 September 2021. The Department of Education Services (DES) will advise on reopening.
- Public Health will contact other parents, as required, or indicated based on findings of contact tracing activities.
The Ministry of Health and Wellness has declared its support for the Ministry of Education, Public Health Officials and the community at large in managing this latest positive case and encourages the public to adhere to the guidance issued from the Public Health Department and the Ministry of Education accordingly.
To contact the Flu Hotline, please contact 1-800-534-8600, 947-3077, 925-6327 or email [email protected].