(CMR) CMR received numerous complaints from parents that several students had fallen ill at Clifton Hunter High School on Thursday and had to be transported to the hospital after ingesting some form of marijuana edibles. At least two ambulances attended the Frank Sound Road school location and took vomiting and fainting children to the hospital for medical intervention.
Whilst details are few at the time, we have been advised that after discussed the matter on The Cold Hard Truth this morning the school's principal then issued an advisory that the matter is being investigated.
It does appear that this time around the edible substance was some sort of rice crispies fruity pebbles treat but the school shares that it is an “unknown substance”. The children that were taking it may have been unaware of what it contained and reports are that some had to have their stomachs pumped as a result of consuming the laced treats.
One eyewitness said the kids were “dropping like flies” because of the incident. One of the children is said to be the child of a police officer.
CMR also understands that school administrators are meeting with the police this morning to launch an investigation into the matter. Some students and parents have already been contacted to give statements to assist the police further.
One parent shared that she believes that “only 12 students may have involved” in this latest incident.
This is not the first time that reports have been received in recent times about edible substances including brownies and parents have scared an ongoing concern about drugs at both the John Gray High School and Clifton Hunter.
Back in October 2020, there were similar reports of another incident that caused children to become ill at school because of ingesting some pills. Earlier this year, parents reached to CMR about what they claim is ongoing and unaddressed drug use on the school campuses.