(CMR) Prince Charles (73), who it is believed met with the Queen recently, has tested positive for COVID-19 a second time and is now in isolation.
However, a source told CNN that the Queen is not displaying symptoms and will continue to be monitored.
The heir to the British throne had to cancel his attendance at an event in Winchester on Thursday, according to a statement from his official Twitter account.
In a statement, Clarence House said, “HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.”
Prince Charles, who is fully vaccinated, first tested positive in late March 2020 but only had mild symptoms then.
Prince Charles' positive test comes just hours after he spent the evening meeting dozens of people at the British Museum celebrating the work of the British Asian Trust.
During his address at the event, the prince said: “I cannot quite believe it is almost two years to the day that my wife and myself were able to be with all of you to celebrate the work of the British Asian Trust. Since then, across the globe, there has been terrible loss of life from COVID-19, and we have especially seen the devastating impact throughout South Asia. In these most challenging times, the British Asian Trust has run four significant fundraising appeals which have so far raised almost £20m ($27 million).”
Back in December, Charles and Camilla released a statement commemorating the one-year anniversary of the administration of the world's first COVID-19 vaccine, urging more people to take up the shot, CNN reported.
“It is the most enormous tribute to the remarkable ingenuity and determination of everyone involved that, one year after the first COVID-19 vaccination, more than a hundred million doses have now been delivered,” the statement said.