(CMR) The Ministry of District Administration, Tourism and Transport will reopen registration for the stipend program aimed at assisting Caymanians who worked in the Tourism sector and have been displaced due to the COVID-19 pandemic that has impacted our tourism industry.
Starting on Wednesday, 29 July 2020, displaced tourism employees who have not yet registered with the Ministry of Tourism can access the registration:
Persons interested in registering for the stipend program must meet the following criteria:
– Worked in the Tourism sector
– No longer working full-time
– Have not applied already
Please have the following documents available prior to filling out this form:
- A copy of your Cayman Islands Voter Registration Card, Caymanian Status Certificate OR Right to be Caymanian Certificate
- A copy of your last payslip or official job letter.
- Note: You will also need to have information on your previous job manager's name, email, and phone number
- A bank letter verifying your full bank account name and account number only. Or, you can upload a copy of a stamped bank deposit slip clearly showing your name and account number.
Please note that any incorrect or missing information will cause a delay or refusal of your form.
The deadline to apply is Friday, 7 August 2020. Once the deadline has passed the verification process will begin; applicants are encouraged to respond to missed calls, voicemails, and emails as representatives from the Ministry and Department of Tourism may be contacting them for further information.
When an applicant is verified, they will receive an official email with instructions for submitting their banking details for payment. Applicants should monitor their spam or junk folder, noting that this correspondence will go to verified persons ONLY.
To accommodate persons with questions pertaining specifically to the official email and instructions on banking details, the call centre will be open during the hours of 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, starting 29 July 2020.
Call center numbers are as follows:
The Ministry and Department of Tourism remain committed to assisting persons within the tourism sector whose livelihood has been lost due to this global pandemic.