I understand their concerns, but I think we are going to be living with this virus in one form or another for years to come. If we shut down now, it will likely have a worse impact on the majority of kids and families than if we just keep rolling and do our best to prevent spread. Additionally, I don't want to get into the debate over pro-vaccine vs anti-vaccine, because I don't like telling people what to do, but if you observe what is going on, it is pretty apparent that vaccines greatly reduce the impact of the virus, and they are likely to be required soon for employees of educational institutions.
Triple C Principal Bob Lankford
(CMR) Triple C has confirmed that there are seven additional positive cases bringing the total number of positive students and faculty to eight at that school. Parents have been notified that specific classrooms will be working remotely but the administration had made the decision to not shut down the entire school at this time as no one is reporting any serious symptoms.
Following the Public Health recommendation, all students will be required to wear masks at all times starting Monday
The details of the positive cases are:
- 3 additional positive cases in 9-1
- 1 positive case in 9-2
- 1 positive case in 8-1 (symptomatic)
- 2 positive teachers — both in Secondary
By order of Public Health, all students and their families who have tested positive will be in quarantine for 14 days. The rest of 9-2 will be out of school for the 14 days per Triple C School decision but not quarantined.
The 8th-grade students will all be tested over the weekend. Grade 8 parents the school is pre-registering your children and will be in touch once we have that and the location nailed down. This way there will not be a long line, as tests will be done quickly without having to fill out any forms. Watch for a special email to you all in a short while.
There are 2 positive teachers — both in Secondary — who are in quarantine for 14 days. All Secondary teachers will be tested out of an abundance of caution. So far, they have 3 negatives back already.
There are no further positives from siblings of positive cases and the school building is being thoroughly sanitized over the weekend. The parents of high-risk children are asked to contact the administration directly to address their concerns.
School Principal Bob Lankford noted that despite the concerns of the parents the decision has been made at this time to not close the school down entirely.