(CMR) With the National Heroes Day Celebrations taking place over three days this year, several roads will be closed to allow for the effective organizing of the celebration activities.
The police said the following roads were to be closed from 6 pm Friday, January 22, until 9 pm Monday, January 25, 2021, to allow for setup and breakdown.
However, these roads will be temporarily re-opened between 12 am and 12 midday on Saturday, January 23.
The affected roads are:
1. The top of Fort Street at the junction of Fort Street and North Church Street
2. The bottom of Fort Street by the Clock Tower
3. Edward Street at the junction of Edward Street and Main Street
4. The end of Edward Street, at the junction of Edward Street and Cardinall Avenue
5. Albert Panton Street at the junction of Albert Panton Street and Cardinall Avenue
A portion of the Esterley Tibbetts Highway, between the Yacht Club Roundabout and the Batabano Roundabout (just south of Batabano Road), in West Bay, will also be closed on Saturday, January 23, between 3:30 pm and 6:15 pm.
The police said this is to facilitate a film production.
Persons are advised to travel via West Bay Road when entering and exiting West Bay during this time.