(CMR) Almost 48 hours after a bombshell interview in which Meghan Markle and Prince Harry made startling revelations, Buckingham Palace has responded.
The Duchess of Sussex spoke of facing racism and being driven to feeling suicidal due to the pressure of fitting into the Royal family. The couple decided to step back from Royal duties last year.
In a release on Tuesday, the Palace said, “the whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.”
“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately,” the short release added.
The statement also said the couple and their son will “always be much-loved family members.”
Millions across the world watched the Oprah Winfrey interview with Meghan and Harry on Sunday, March 7. Some described it as a damning interview that comes when the world continues to experience racism.
Others have labeled the interview as being filled with lies.
In the meantime, popular tv host Piers Morgan has left ITV's Good Morning Britain following a row over comments he made about Meghan Markle.
Morgan said he did not believe what Markle said and accused her of trying to destroy the Royal family.
“Who did you go to? What did they say to you? I'm sorry, I don't believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe it if she read me a weather report. The fact that she's fired up this onslaught against our Royal Family, I think is contemptible,” Morgan said.