Public Health will be testing students & teachers of the classrooms below today, Sunday 3rd October 2021 at the Cayman Islands Hospital COVID-19 Testing Clinic, after finding a positive COVID-19 case in these classes.
• 2:00pm – Prospect Primary – Year 2 – Muir
• 2:30pm – Prospect Primary – Year 5 – Hentzen
• 3:00pm – John Gray HS Year 8WG
• 4:00pm – Clifton Hunter HS Year 8L2 & 8C2
• 5:00pm – Teachers of the groups mentioned above ONLY
Only students and teachers from these classes will be tested. We recommend only one parent/guardian accompany the child as household members will not be tested at this time.
All persons are reminded to wear a mask. Your child should sit next to you maintaining social distance from other families.
The Cayman Islands Hospital COVID-19 testing clinic is located to the left of A&E. Parking is available in the Seventh Day Adventist parking lot.
After testing, persons are to return to your home. Household members should remain at home until they receive further instructions from Public Health or the Department of Education.
Test results will be emailed directly to persons, however, a negative test result does not mean clearance to leave your home, as further instructions will be provided.
Buses will be deployed along the various school routes at the following times for families that may need transportation:
• Prospect Primary School: bus at 1:30 pm; bus at 2:00 pm
• John Gray High School: bus from West Bay at 2:15 pm; bus circulating in George Town at 2:30 pm
• Clifton Hunter High School: bus from North Side/East End at 3:00 pm; bus from Bodden Town at 3:15 pm; bus from Savannah at 3:15 pm
Please stand along the route for bus pick-up. Transport buses will be returning to these locations after testing is complete.