(CMR) A massive gas station blaze started earlier this evening shortly after 5:00 pm at the Heaven’s FESCO gas station in Mandeville, Manchester, Jamaica. Early reports show that there was a gas leak at the station right before something ignited the explosion, but officials have not confirmed the cause of the fire.
The fire had since spread to the adjacent property with fears it could spread further.
Three fire units are said to have extinguished the massive inferno which incurred at the intersection of Perth Manchester and Caledonia roads in Mandeville. One video provided actually shows the exact moment the fire started. Early reports are that at least ten vehicles may have been engulfed in the flame ane some persons have been injured. One man can be seen walking the streets suffering from burns over his body.
Residents are being asked to avoid the area. This is a developing story and will be updated once more information is available.