(CMR) There will be an increase in the number of repatriation flights from Grand Cayman to Miami and Kingston this month. Cayman Airways, in partnership with the Cayman Islands Government, has confirmed this in the repatriation flight schedule for travel in July. Flights have also been confirmed from Cayman to La Ceiba.
Due to increased demand, the frequency of repatriation flights between Grand Cayman and Miami has increased, with flights now operating on Sundays in addition to the usual Wednesdays and Saturdays for July.
Likewise, the frequency of flights between Grand Cayman and Kingston, Jamaica has increased, with flights now operating on Sundays and Thursdays in addition to the usual weekly Friday flights.
The Miami repatriation flight schedule, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, July 3-31 (11 flights):
|KX3102||Grand Cayman||Miami||10 am||12:30 pm||WE, SA, SU ex: SU JUL 11 & 25|
|KX3103||Miami||Grand Cayman||2:00pm||2:30 pm||WE, SA, SU ex: JUL 10, 11, 24 & 25|
|KX3123||Miami||Grand Cayman (1 stop in CYB)||2:00pm||3:25pm||SA JUL 10 & 24, 2021|
The Kingston repatriation flight schedule, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays July 2 – 30, 2021 (9 flights):
|KX3600||Grand Cayman||Kingston||10 am||11:05am||TH, FR, SU ex: JUL 4, 15, 18, & 29|
|KX3601||Kingston||Grand Cayman||12:15pm||1:20pm||TH, FR, SU ex: JUL 4, 15, 18, & 29|
The La Ceiba repatriation flight schedule, Thursdays July 1 – 29, 2021 (3 flights):
|KX3880||Grand Cayman||La Ceiba||10 am||10:25 am||Thursdays|
|KX3881||La ceiba||Grand Cayman||12:25pm||1:45pm||Thursdays|
Cayman Airways reminds all passengers of the following:
– Passengers are responsible for researching and securing the necessary documents required for entry into any country – this includes completion of any required pre-flight COVID-19 testing, proof of vaccinations, and/or obtaining travel authorization. Passengers who do not possess the required documents will not be able to travel.
– Check-in time for international flights is two (2) hours before scheduled departure, and passengers must ensure that they arrive with all required documentation for travel. Passengers who are not checked in on time, and passengers who do not present the required travel documents, will not be able to travel.
– Passengers traveling to the USA are reminded that the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) still requires all passengers entering the United States from the Cayman Islands to complete a special “Passenger Disclosure and Attestation to the United States Of America” form and submit it to airline agents at the time of check-in for flights. Passengers should have this form completed and ready to hand into Cayman Airways agents along with their other travel documents to avoid delays at check-in. The form can be found here on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Fillable-Attestation-English-p.pdf
– Cayman Airways’ normal flight schedule is always available up to a year out. However, due to the rolling border closure in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic, such flights may not be permitted to operate as we get closer to the actual flight date. This determination is made in partnership with the Cayman Islands Government who will instead request Cayman Airways to provide restricted repatriation flights. Passengers holding seats on normal flights who are affected by flight cancellations will be contacted by Cayman Airways and given priority to obtain seats on the repatriation flights. However, as the process for repatriation flights is significantly different, passengers should be aware that schedules and airfares may vary significantly.
Persons wishing to travel inbound or outbound on these repatriation flights can book seats directly with Cayman Airways online at www.caymanairways.com, or by calling Cayman Airways Reservations on 345-949-2311, or:
- In the USA, call 305-266-4141 or (toll free) 1-800-422-9626
- In Jamaica, call 876-613-9105 or (toll-free) 866-759-1372
- In Honduras, call (toll-free) 800-2791-9422
Persons traveling to the Cayman Islands aboard repatriation flights must still apply for and obtain approval for entry into the country from Travel Cayman. For details, visit: https://www.exploregov.ky/faqs/covid-19-inbound-travel.