(CMR) Several hurricane shelters will open early this evening to give persons adequate time to get to a shelter before Tropical Storm Grace starts affecting the Cayman Islands.
The Red Cross shelter on Huldah Avenue will open at 4 p.m.
The Aston Rutty Civic Centre in Cayman Brac, which is also an Emergency Medical Centre (EMC), will open at 6 p.m.
The following shelters will open at 5 p.m.:
• Sir John A. Cumber Primary School Hall in West Bay, which is also an Emergency Medical Center (EMC);
• Clifton Hunter High School (EMC) (PET) in North Side
• William McLaughlin Civic Centre (EMC) in East End;
• Theoline McCoy Primary School (EMC) in Bodden Town
• John Gray High School Gymnasium (EMC) (PET) in George Town.
• The Prospect Primary School in George Town
• The Public Works Department Building (EMC) in Little Cayman.
Both John Gray and Clifton Hunter High Schools are pet-friendly (PET) (for cats and dogs).
All shelters, with the exception of the Red Cross building, are disabled-friendly.