- May 18 2021
- 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
International Museum Day & Exhibition
The International Council of Museums (ICOM) established International Museum Day in 1977 to increase public awareness of the role of museums in the development of society, and it has been steadily gaining momentum every since.
This year's IMD theme is ‘The Future of Museums: Recover and Reimagine’ – event features include:
- Traditional Netmaking by Jeralow Rankine of East End
- Traditional Thatching by Caroline Carter of West Bay
- Local and Caribbean Cuisine at the Old Gaol Cafe
- A screening of the Upon the Seas Documentary
- The official opening of the “Miss Annie Huldah Bodden, OBE: A Woman of Many Hats” exhibition. This exhibitions tells the story of Miss Annie, her many ‘hats’ and the contributions she made to our society.