(CMR) A local diner found a band-aid in her food at a local restaurant on West Bay Road during Mother's Day lunch while dining with a group of her friends.
In a shocking allegation, the diner's friend posed the question on his Facebook page and many persons were shocked at the revelation. CMR has been informed of the name of the restaurant which is one of several owned by the same company. At this time, we will not be disclosing the name until the facility has had an opportunity to comment.
However, many are outraged and shocked at the posting – calling for the Department of Environmental Health to be immediately notified.
The female diner apparently started chewing up the band-aid before realizing what it was. She became ill as a result and rush to the hospital where she was given a blood test to check for any communicable diseases.
We understand that a lawyer has been engaged and the restaurant will be contacted regarding the matter. Apparently, their response thus far has been less than professional and accommodating.
This is not the first time this has happened around the world. In 1994 a California woman was awarded over $5,000 in damages for finding a bloody band-aid in her hamburger at a McDonald's restaurant.
She testified that he and a second doctor advised her to get tested twice a year for 10 years to make sure she had not been infected with hepatitis or the virus that causes AIDS.
In 2011 there were multiple instances of this in New York with one being found in a pizza and ice cream tub.