(CMR) The Department of Children and Family Services at Apollo House in George Town closed on Tuesday due to smoke in the building. DCFS said affected parties were notified and appointments rescheduled.
The Needs Assessment Unit was affected by this problem, but it remained open.
The DCFS and entire building was evacuated due to a fire alarm. Fire Crews assessed the situation. All staff and occupants are safe, and no one has been injured. The alarm was caused by smoke coming from the A/C air handler, but no fire was observed.
The offices were aired out while all staff remained in a safe location outside. The public will be advised when the Unit is reopened.
DCFS apologized for any inconvenience this temporary closure may cause.