(CMR) The Cayman Islands Health Services Authority (HSA) is extending hours of the COVID-19 testing clinic at the Cayman Islands Hospital to accommodate the latest international pre-boarding testing requirements for the US and Canada.
Several countries, including the US and Canada, are now requiring proof of a negative COVID-19 test before boarding.
This became a concern for many people as appointments were not available to get tested within the required timeframe.
Appointments are now available for testing at the hospital's old Physiotherapy Department location on Saturday, January 23, from 8:30 am to 10:30 am, and can be made online.
Dr. Samuel Williams-Rodriguez reminded travelers to check the requirements of countries they are traveling to and to book their COVID test in the timeframe required.
“We will be expanding our testing hours even further and will advise the public once these additional clinics have been scheduled,” he added.
Persons getting the COVID-19 test should wear a face mask and bring along a Government-issued photo ID.
People with appointments are asked to park at the Seventh Day Adventist Church adjacent to A&E and follow signage to the clinic.
The Cayman Islands Forensic Science Laboratory, which conducts the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests used to identify the coronavirus, is accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA).
How to book an appointment for a COVID-19 test:
- Visit www.hsa.ky/Appointment/ or click on the COVID-19 Info link on the website
- Choose the date and time you would like to come in for your test. Appointments must be made at least 2 business days in advance.
- Enter your information as all persons need to pre-register (no walk-ins).
- You will receive an email confirming your appointment's date, time, and location.
- Please show up for your appointment on time. The screening process only takes a few minutes.
- Test results will be emailed to the patient approximately 24 hours after the test.
- Results will also be posted to the patient’s free MyHSA Patient Portal account. For more information on the portal, visit www.hsa.ky/our-services/patient-portal-info/
For additional questions regarding testing, the public may email [email protected].