(CMR) The Ministry of Health and Wellness in Jamaica on Monday reported that there has been one new confirmed case of the coronavirus (COVID-19). This brings the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Jamaica to 59.
The latest cases is a 43-year-old man from Portland; this case is under investigation, as it is unclear how the man contracted the virus.
Currently there are 7 coronavirus cases under investigation, as health officials try to determine the point of exposure.
According to the Ministry, thirty of the confirmed cases are imported while 22 are import-related.
Here what you need to know about the 59 cases:
- 2 or 3 percent are less than 20 years olds;
- 3 or 5 percent are between 20 and 29 years old;
- 11 or 19 percent are between 30 and 39 years old;
- 9 or 15 percent are between 40 and 49 years old;
- 16 or 28 percent are between 50 and 9 years old;
- 10 or 17 percent are between 60 and 69 years old;
- 7 or 12 percent are between 70 and 80 years old:
- One person is 87 years old.
Eight persons have made a full recovery while three have died.