(CMR) Rubis Cayman is basking in the glory of its excellence as it celebrates 10 years of continued service to the Cayman Islands. The Petroleum juggernaut is hosting the ‘Art Your Part’ Competition leading up to the grand celebration in recognition of the monumental occasion.
The ‘Art Your Part’ 10-year celebration competition features local artists who will flex their creative muscles as they conceptualize designs to turn a wall at the Rubis Headquarters into a beautiful mural. The winning artwork becomes a welcome addition to the pristine coastline while imploring everyone to protect the natural beauties as they significantly impact the islands culturally and ecologically.
Each artist is assigned to one of 4 charities and allowed to craft a mural that aligns with the missions and visions of the respective charity while incorporating the Rubis Cayman 10th anniversary theme, “10 Years of Fueling the Cayman Islands”.
The artists vying for cash prizes and charity donations are Christina Pineda of Art Nest Creative Studio, who is representing the National Trust for the Cayman Islands; Carlos Garcia for Feed Our Future; Kerwin Ebanks creating for Alex Panton Foundation; and Gordon Solomon representing Cayman National Cultural Foundation.
The artists must paint their concept on a wall panel measuring approximately 96 feet wide x 9 feet high. They have three weeks to complete their murals. The murals are then ranked based on creativity, uniqueness, the impact/improvement they make to the area, impact they will make on behalf of their charity, and overall execution.
The voting system to determine the winner is multi-tiered. The first round of voting is public based and will take place via the Rubis Cayman Islands Facebook page. This accounts for 20% of votes and kicked off on April 13, 2022. Four local judges will adjudicate the remaining 80% and select the winner and runner-ups.
The winner and runner-ups will be announced on May 12th, 2022, at the official Rubis 10th Anniversary event. The winning artist will earn $3,000 for charity and a $3,200 reward. Second place will receive a charity donation of $2,000 and a $2,100 cash tip.
The artist who secures the 3rd spot will receive $1,500 for their charity and a $1,600 cash prize, and 4th place will walk away with $1,000 towards charity and a $1,100 cash prize.
“At Rubis, we take great pride in providing a platform that engages community members in conversations about local issues, all while highlighting a community of concerned creatives inspired to utilize their talent to nurture a culture of creating purpose-driven, community-based art,” expressed Managing Director of Rubis Cayman Islands, Andres Barthel.