(CMR) It is still not too late to bake a fruit cake.
After all it is a dessert that will help to top off dinner and, it is usually eaten right up until Jan 1; when Individuals make their New Year's resolutions, which often includes losing weight.
Today CMR is sharing with you how to make a classic Jamaican style fruit cake, colloquially called Christmas Cake or Black Cake.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 pound(s) butter or margarine
- 1 pound(s) sugar, preferably cane sugar
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond flavouring
- 6 cup(s) counter flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) mixed spice
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 6 tablespoon(s) browning
- 3 cup(s) red wine
- 1 pound mixed fruits (Prunes, raisins, currents)
Blend mixed fruits with one cup of red wine.
Break eggs individually and whisk together.
1.On low/medium using a hand mixer ( fork still works but it is plenty work) mix sugar and butter/margarine till light and fluffy ( you shouldn't see any sugar grains )
2. To the above mixture add whisked eggs, along with vanilla, nutmeg
3. To the mixture add mixed fruits.
4. Add in baking flour, mixed spice, baking powder
5. Add in the remainder of the ingredients.
6. Scrape into a greased and lined 12″ baking tin. Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 180°C/350°F or until a metal skewer inserted comes out clean.