(CMR) Cayman restaurants and bars are preparing to re-open tomorrow, Sunday June 7, with some significant measures put in place to protect their patrons.
The changes will impact both Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac and include smaller gatherings on Grand Cayman of six persons being permitted to now gather in public spaces. Cayman Brac continues with its current gathering restrictions of no more than 25 people.
Restaurants are reminded that they should apply with Curfew Time to ensure they have the relevant authorization based on their submitted plans. Here are some general guidelines:
Set up for Bars and Restaurants:
- Tables should be a minimum of 8ft apart.
- Maximum group size is 6 individuals
- Customers from different households must sit 6ft apart.
- Customers from the same household can sit closer together.
- Social distancing must be maintained in restrooms and waiting areas.
- All seating must be removed from the bar area.
- No person shall be permitted to be seated or served at an indoor counter in a restaurant or bar.
- Restaurants and bars shall operate no later than 9:00 pm.
Specific to Restaurants /Dining:
- All dining must be in an open-air establishment. No enclosed or air-conditioned dining allowed.
- All employees must wear masks/face covering.
- Sanitization stations must be set up accordingly for staff.
- Mingling or physical contact with others is prohibited.
- One-time paper menus will be used or no contact menu display boards.
- Shared condiments are not allowed on tables—all condiments must be single-use.
- Staff must wear gloves and masks when handling used dishes and tables.
- Customers can only be served when seated at a table. No bar counter or standing service is permitted.
- Customers must use a mask/face covering at all times when not seated at their table.
- Mingling within 6 feet or physical contact with others is prohibited.
There are still no visits permitted to other people's homes at this time as the curfew is now relaxed from 10:00 pm until 4:30 pm daily. The breakdown of what is permitted is listed below.
✅ soft curfew 4:30 am-10 pm daily
✅ hard curfew 10 pm-4:30 am daily
In public places:
– maintain 6ft/2m distance from people outside your household
– wear face masks or coverings in enclosed spaces
✅ Gatherings of up to 6 people in a public place are allowed in Grand Cayman
✅ Gatherings of up to 25 people are allowed in Cayman Brac
⛔ No visits to other households at any time
You can access pharmacies, healthcare services, outdoor exercise, and restaurants to collect food or outdoor table service any day of the week and other essential outings by surname only
✅ Exempted restaurants & bars may offer seated service outdoors only and on their premises as long as no more than 6 per table, tables 8ft/2.5m apart
✅ Essential businesses may open 6 am-9 pm
CULTURAL, SOCIAL & RECREATIONAL
✅ Anyone can exercise on a beach, swim, or fish (shoreline & boating) every day including Sunday 4:45 am-9 pm
✅ Exercise limited to 6 people or household for 2 hours daily
✅ In Grand Cayman you can meet with 5 people outside your household provided you maintain social distancing & are outside (but no more than 6 people in total may gather)
⛔ Nobody can host or attend a party or gathering on the beach, in private residences or yard spaces at any time
⛔ No contact sports are allowed
Learn more on Sunday 7 June at: www.gov.ky/coronavirus